Workplace Harassment in the Office Online Training Course
Workplace Harassment in the Office is an online training course that addresses harassment and OSHA guidelines to help managers and employers deal with it in the workplace. Topics covered include harassment and discrimination, threats, employee assistant programs, assault, sexual harassment, stalking, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize that harassment creates a hostile work environment.
- Properly report threats according to OSHA guidelines.
- Avoid confrontations and fights.
- Directly let others know how their behavior affects them.
- Treat fellow coworkers with respect.
- The various forms of harassment in the workplace and the various forms it takes.
- Realizing how closely related harassment and discrimination can be.
- How subtle remarks can easily turn into discrimination.
- Harassment in the Workplace
- Avoiding racial slurs and ethnic jokes.
- The effects of harassment, including hurt feelings, hostile work environments, and even physical injuries.
- How joking and teasing can cross the line into harassment.
- Letting someone know if you find their behavior offensive properly.
- The forms of threats: Veiled, Conditional, and Direct.
- Reporting threats along OSHA guidelines and how this prevents the development of more serious situations.
- How to handle an abusive or threatening person and avoid physical contact.
- Diffusing potential violence and avoiding escalation.
- The consequences of Assault and what to do if you are challenged to a fight.
- Sexual Harassment
- The various forms of sexual harassment including advances, unwanted contact, and gender discrimination.
- How acts of sexual harassment contribute to a hostile work environment.
- Recording incidents and reporting sexual harassment.
- The threats of stalking and how it develops.
- Responses to stalking by a company including changing work schedules and added security.
- How to handle a stalker as an individual.