Winter Safety Online Training Course
Introduction to Winter Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA recommendations for safe working environment throughout harsh winter months. Topics covered include appropriate dress for winter weather, winter driving, safety tips for holiday celebrations, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Dress appropriately for the season to stay safe in the cold.
- Winterize cars and gather appropriate emergency supplies.
- Drive with caution in wintery conditions.
- Avoid fire hazards that arise in cold weather.
- The additional hazards the come with winter and how easy it can be to ignore them.
- Slipping Accidents
- Wearing proper shoes to handle slick spots.
- Preventing accidents at home by keeping driveways clear of snow and ice.
- Using salt to make slick surfaces easier and less slippery.
- Winter Driving
- Getting a tune-up to make sure your vehicle is ready for the icy road conditions.
- A review of proper emergency supplies that should be available in your vehicle throughout the winter season, including antifreeze, a shovel, jumper cables, and more.
- How to properly clear snow for the best visibility.
- Tips for defensive driving that will help in bad road conditions.
- How to react if your car starts to skid.
- Working Outside
- Proper techniques for layering clothes to make sure you stay warm.
- How to properly use tools in the cold weather.
- Staying Warm
- Proper chimney care when lighting a fire indoors.
- The correct way to use space heaters to avoid a fire.
- Celebrating the Holidays
- Proper methods for using electric decorations to avoid fire and tripping hazards.
- A review of candle safety.
- How to use a fire extinguisher in the event of a fire emergency.
- Alcohol and staying safe throughout celebrations.