Safety Orientation Online Training Course
Safety Orientation Training is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s guidelines for general safety. Topics covered include safety through awareness, OSHA-approved PPE, minimizing hazards, Material Safety Data Sheets, handling an emergency.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Mentally prepare and stay alert in order to avoid accidents.
- Look for ways to use prevention whenever possible.
- Use OSHA-approved PPE for the correct jobs.
- Follow safe work practices for an environment up to OSHA standards.
- Prepare fully for the event of an emergency.
- Cooperate with coworkers to develop a safer environment.
- The importance of keeping “Safety First” even in the busiest of times in an office.
- Mentally preparing to work safely by concentrating on your task at hand and eliminating distractions.
- Eliminating “trouble-spots” that can produce hazards.
- Staying Safe
- Knowing your company’s drug and alcohol policy, and never letting medication or substance abuse affect your work.
- Accident prevention through awareness of your environment.
- Using housekeeping as a way of preventing potential hazards.
- Employing proper lifting techniques.
- How to use a Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Cleaning up chemical spills according to OSHA standards.
- What to do in the event of an emergency.
- Proper PPE
- Using shoes that are designed correctly for the work environment.
- Proper eye protection when there is the possibility of an eye injury.
- How gloves can reduce accidents with certain tools and materials.
- The use of earplugs, ear muffs, and other protective devices for Hearing Protection.
- Respiratory Protection according to OSHA Assigned Protection Factors.
- Appropriate additional Protective clothing like aprons and full body suits and when to use them.
- Tools and Machines
- Choosing the right tool for the right job to minimize injuries.
- How to properly use power tools and work with electrical equipment.
- Working with large machinery like forklifts.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.