Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers Online Training Course
Introduction to Preventing Sexual Harassment for Managers and Supervisors is an online training course designed to help managers learn OSHA regulations regarding sexual harassment and how to prevent it from happening in their workplaces. Topics covered include a manager’s role in the work environment; visual, verbal, and physical harassment; proper reporting of allegations; creating a harassment free environment in accordance with OSHA standards, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Identify a manager’s role in creating a safe, productive work environment.
- Review their company’s sexual harassment policy with OSHA standards and enforce it strictly.
- Be more aware of their conduct.
- Identify signs of sexual harassment.
- Report allegations properly to be in line with OSHA regulations.
- Create a “harassment free” work environment.
- The responsibility of a manager to recognize and handle sexual harassment situations.
- Recognizing that any form sexual conduct in the workplace is inappropriate.
- Sexual Harassment
- Identifying the forms of sexual harassment (Verbal, Visual, and Physical) as well as what all they include.
- When a situation can be considered harassment.
- Observing interactions between employees to look for signs of inappropriate behavior.
- The importance of a written sexual harassment policy and what it must include.
- Monitoring your own actions and comments for inappropriate behavior.
- Setting the appropriate tone for a workplace.
- Dealing with Inappropriate Conduct
- Helping employees to understand managing their conduct.
- Using staff meetings and training sessions to “break the ice” regarding sexual harassment.
- Realizing that harassment can exist in many forms.
- How to encourage employees to feel more comfortable speaking out.
- The telltale signs of harassment in the office, such as erratic work performances, people avoiding others, and sudden changes in mood.
- The actions to take when you suspect that harassment is taking place in your company.