OSHA Formaldehyde Standard Online Training Course
OSHA Formaldehyde Standards is an online training course that was specifically created based on OSHA’s guidelines and regulations related to the use of formaldehyde. Topics covered include potential health hazards, permissible exposure limits, hoods and other ventilation systems, spill clean up, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Use OSHA-approved practices to work safely with formaldehyde.
- Recognize various materials that contain formaldehyde.
- Select the appropriate PPE for the job.
- Know what to do in the event of a spill or accident.
- A review of regulations related to the chemical formaldehyde.
- Effects of overexposure to formaldehyde, including external irritation, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, and more.
- What to do if you feel you might have experienced overexposure.
- Working with Formaldehyde
- Comparing test results with OSHA’s Permissible Exposure Limit
- Recognizing container labels and the information they provide about the hazards of formaldehyde.
- Using proper PPE, such as gloves that are impervious to formaldehyde solutions.
- Eye and face protection that is required, like splash-resistant goggles.
- When to use a respirator and how to make sure that it fits properly.
- Maintaining proper ventilation while working with formaldehyde.
- What to do in the event of a spill.
- How to handle skin contact with formaldehyde.
- Steps to take if formaldehyde is ingested, including using activated charcoal.
- How to properly respond to a formaldehyde related incident.
- Setting up a medical surveillance plan for employees who have come into contact with Formaldehyde.
- How to seek further information about formaldehyde.