Online Forklift Safety: Industrial Counterbalance Lift Trucks Training Certification Course
This online training course was specifically created to meet OSHA's forklift training requirements under CFR 29, 1910.178(l).
Topics covered in these products include:
- What makes forklifts different.
- Driving a forklift safely.
- Using the mast and forks.
- Operating safely in the workplace.
- Inspecting a forklift.
- Refueling and recharging safely.
- ... and more!
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course covers all of OSHA's classroom training requirements for forklift operators.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.
How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.
Who is required to take this course?
Per OSHA regulations, all employees that will operate a forklift as part of their job are required to undergo forklift training.
Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.
When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
Three years from the date of course completion.
Am I certified to drive a forklift as soon as I finish this course?
Completion of this course fulfills the classroom training portion of OSHA’s forklift regulation. You must also successfully complete practical hands-on training and evaluation before you can legally operate a forklift. The hands-on training and evaluation is normally administered by your employer.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Know what to do in the event of a forklift tip over.
- Conduct a thorough pre-shift forklift inspection.
- Proper refueling and recharging procedures.
- Understand how to travel with a load safely.
- Understand safe operating procedures.
- An overview of Powered Industrial Trucks such as tractors and forklifts.
- OSHA standards covering the safety of these machines.
- The certification process for operating such machinery and evaluations of knowledge and ability.
- Machinery and Equipment
- Choosing the right truck for you based on OSHA’s seven classes for industrial trucks.
- A review of each class of truck and the machines that are included.
- Vehicles not covered by OSHA’s regulations, and what to do if you are operating one of them.
- General rules
- How to handle trucks during each shift.
- Creating a proper checklist for inspections of vehicles.
- How to deal with Internal Combustion engines.
- The best methods for recharging and refueling vehicles.
- How to refuel a propane powered industrial truck.
- Operating Machinery
- Proper entry into a vehicle to ensure safe operation.
- Maintaining safe speeds and avoiding sudden jolts.
- How to properly drive in regular traffic with pedestrians and other vehicles.
- Driving in reverse and using the help of a spotter.
- Driving on wet and icy surfaces.
- Flammable and explosive materials and using machinery around them.
- OSHA’s eleven categories for hazardous materials and their regulations.
- Ensuring proper parking and leaving your vehicle.
- How to approach someone who is operating a large vehicle.
- Special rules for operating forklifts.
- Using the “Stability Triangle” technique for handling certain loads.