Office Safety Online Training Course
Office Safety Training is an online training course that will help students better understand accidents in an office environment and OSHA regulations that can keep them safe. Topics covered include thinking safely inside the office and out, floor level hazards, cutting hazards, common office objects and how to use them properly, lifting techniques in line with OSHA standards, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Look out for the hazards that lead to slips, trips, and falls inside the office and out.
- Properly store materials and learn to not overfill storage.
- Practice good ergonomics and better follow OSHA regulations.
- Lift with techniques that are in line with OSHA standards.
- Identify chemicals and labels that alert them to potential hazards.
- Act accordingly in the event of an emergency, like a fire.
- Stay alert and help keep their office in line with OSHA requirements.
- The prevalence of accidents in office environments and the potential dangers that might not be so obvious.
- Thinking safely before you get to work and also in the office.
- Fall Prevention
- Identifying slick surfaces and what to do to lessen the chance of a fall.
- Floor-level hazards such as cords, loose carpeting, floorboards, and other trip hazards.
- Looking for obstructions in hallways and the importance of keeping all passageways clear of debris.
- Objects to look out for that can crowd stairways and elevators.
- Around the Office
- Working at a fast-pace in the office without creating hazards for yourself or others.
- The office chair and ways it can be misused, creating potential dangers.
- How to make sure that shelves and storage are being properly used.
- Clutter and various items that can create special hazards and how to take care of them.
- Proper usage of equipment, especially to avoid Cutting Hazards.
- Unique hazards in an office environment like toner powder, overloaded outlets, eyestrain, and lower back issues.
- Proper lifting techniques to avoid back strain.
- Identifying potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Keeping the office safe by practicing good judgment.
- How to handle emergencies, such as a fire.