Office Ergonomics Online Training Course
Office Ergonomics is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s recommendations for general safety through ergonomics in office environments. Topics covered include MSDs, ergonomics, carpal-tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, back strain, CTS, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the most common Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs).
- Identify the causes of these disorders and avoid problems that put them at risk.
- Counteract these problems with simple tips and tricks.
- Always put their safety and the safety of others first.
- The ways that people’s bodies vary and how workspaces don’t accommodate these differences adequately.
- The seriousness of issues that result from workplace discomfort.
- An introduction to ergonomics and the methods to adapt to workplaces.
- MSDs and Prevention
- The most serious injuries and their affect on Tendons, Muscles, and Nerves.
- The function and basic mechanics of these body parts.
- Issues resulting from typing and sitting incorrectly like carpal-tunnel syndrome and its effects.
- How to prevent carpal-tunnel syndrome while working at a computer.
- Special stretches and exercises to strengthen the wrist and fingers.
- Products and equipment that will help prevent these conditions.
- An overview of back strain and its causes.
- How to correctly lift and avoid putting pressure on the lower back.
- The symptoms of Tendinitis and how to prevent it.
- Learning to type correctly to avoid tendinitis and other exercises that will help ease the problem.
- The habits that lead to MSDs and how to correct them.
- Basic Tips Around the Office
- The ergonomic way to avoid extra pressure on the back, neck, arms, and wrists.
- How to sit with proper posture to avoid extra strain.
- Arranging your workspace to be organized and optimized for ergonomics.
- Learning to adjust your positioning and habits to fit your particular body type.