Materials Handling Online Training Course
Introduction to Handling Materials Safely is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training requirements for employees to safely handle materials in the workplace. Topics covered include forms of material handling, hazards in warehousing and trucking, ergonomic injuries and OSHA guidelines for avoiding them, communication, handling aids, forklifts and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the dangers involved in Materials Handling.
- Take proper steps according to OSHA guidelines to prevent accidents.
- The OSHA-approved PPE to wear while handling materials.
- Proper lifting techniques to avoid injury.
- Handling aids that will make jobs easier.
- The various forms of materials handling, including product components, finished products, as well as tools and equipment.
- The many work-related injuries that occur with trucking and warehousing.
- How important it is to work safely when handling materials.
- Preventing injuries with the right clothing.
- The importance of proper foot protection with steel-toed boots and rubber soles.
- Proper gloves and the various materials that are right for different jobs.
- Other gear needed for certain tasks such as Hard Hats, Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, and even Respirators.
- Ergonomic Injuries
- Proper ways to twist and bend while working to avoid strain.
- Avoiding repetitive motions that lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and other sever conditions.
- Working carefully and efficiently to avoid careless mistakes.
- Looking for special warning signs and making plans accordingly.
- Determining the best way to handle, lift, and manage various loads.
- Proper lifting techniques that help to avoid back, neck, and leg injuries.
- How to communicate properly when executing a Team Lift.
- When to use Handling Aids like hand trucks, carts, and other special equipment.
- Loading a hand truck, carts, or other Handling Aids properly.
- Scissor-Lift tables and how to use them correctly.
- Loading pallets to prevent common warehouse injuries, and using Pallet Trucks.
- The proper certification and training needed to operate a forklift.
- The best methods for operating a forklift.