Master Driver: Coupling & Uncoupling - Online Training
- Provides step-by-step procedures for:
- Safe coupling and uncoupling of singles
- An overview for coupling and uncoupling doubles
- Emphasizes areas where most coupling and uncoupling problems occur
- Course keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
When starting or ending a run, it may be tempting for drivers to think nothing can happen. That's a big mistake. Coupling and uncoupling incidents can be devastating. Drivers must stay aware and take a few extra - yet critical - precautions when hooking up or unhooking their rigs.
- Introduction – Explains that coupling & uncoupling errors are 100 percent preventable, that there's no excuse for a trained driver to make a mistake if they follow a step-by-step process that every CMV driver is required to know.
- Coupling Guidelines – Reviews in detail a basic 16-step process and recommends following it (or a similar process), so that no critical point is missed.
- Uncoupling – Reviews the 12 basic steps for the uncoupling process.
- Coupling Twin Trailers – Reviews the 5 key steps to coupling twin trailers.
- Uncoupling Twin Trailers – Discusses that uncoupling a twin trailer is virtually the same as uncoupling a single tractor-trailer, with a few exceptions, and how to do so.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes that coupling & uncoupling are things a CMV driver should know so well they can do them automatically, while acknowledging the process is so critical that drivers need to think about each step along the way.
Approximately 45 minutes
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 17 and higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of Flash. We do NOT support iPad/iPhone/Android-based tablets and devices at this time.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Broadband or company-provided Internet connection
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller's Training On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points