Ladder Safety Online Training Course
Ladder Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA standards for the safe use of ladders in the workplace. Topics covered include ladder extensions, weight capacity, proper ladder sizes, the 3-Point Rule, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Use ladders as they’re intended and avoid danger.>/li>
- Pick the right ladder for the right job based on size and capacity.
- Set a ladder on a firm base and with the right angle.
- Climb with OSHA safety standards in mind.
- Act in the event of an emergency along OSHA guidelines.
- Use ladders to achiever better efficiency and productivity.
- Most work done off the ground involves bringing in a ladder.
- A review of the different types of ladders and the potential dangers.
- A review of straight ladders and extension ladders.
- How to determine the proper size ladder needed for a job using the 4-to-1 ratio.
- Following manufacturer’s instructions and determining the weight a ladder will support.
- The different parts of a ladder and how to tell if they’re in good condition.
- The parts of stepladder and locking positions.
- Inspecting ladders for any parts that are damaged or need to be replaced.
- What to do when working on uneven ground.
- Using a “helper” to keep the ladder from slipping on the ground.
- Moving ladders while they are up and making sure that they remain in a safe positioning.
- Situations where you shouldn’t climb a ladder at all.
- The effects of weather on ladder safety.
- Using a ladder next to electricity and how to make sure that it is non-conducting.
- Getting a good grip on a ladder and making sure that you are secure.
- Dealing with a fear of heights.
- Using the buddy system to make sure that the ladder wont’ slip.
- Following the 3-Point Rule when using a ladder.
- Keeping your weight centered and making sure that you don’t use the ladder improperly.
- How to stay relaxed while climbing to avoid potential falls.