Injury Prevention for Drivers - Online Training
Injury Prevention for Drivers
Course Length: 45 minutes
Overview: Professional truck drivers have more injuries keeping them off the job than workers in any other industry. Many of those injuries are caused by issues not related to driving a vehicle. Sprains, strains, improper lifting, improper position, slips, trips, and falls can all lead to injury. In fact most injuries are caused by one of the following:
- Unsafe acts;
- Unsafe conditions;
- Errors in judgment; or
- Environmental dangers.
This course is designed to provide drivers with information that can help them prevent injury while on and off the road.
After completing this course, learners will be able to recognize common activities that put them at risk for injury and how to protect themselves so they can stay on the job.
They’ll learn how to:
- Enter and exit the cab safely,
- Adjust driving position to prevent long-term injuries,
- Load and unload cargo without injury, and
- Keep safe in high-risk environments.
Injury Prevention for Drivers from J. J. Keller covers the following topics:
Mounting & Dismounting
- Three Points of Contact
- Speed & Alertness
Loading & Unloading
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Points of Injury
- Cargo Doors
- Hot Weather
- Cold Weather
- On-the-Road Stops
- Broadband or company-provided Internet connection
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller'sTraining On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points