Heat Stress Online Training Course
Introduction to Heat Safety is an online training course that provides critical information on working safely in hot environments. Topics covered include heat exhaustion, replenishing fluids, engineering controls for hot environments, heat stroke, OSHA approved PPE, and more.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Learn the signals that indicate your body is overheating.
- The importance of replenishing fluids and electrolytes while working.
- Dress appropriately for heat.
- Handle heat-related emergencies according to OSHA guidelines.
- What happens to the body as your work in the heat and the way that it tires to handle heat naturally.
- Sweating and the effect that it has on the body.
- Dealing with fluid loss by drinking plenty of water and eating properly.
- Heat Related Illnesses
- The painful affect of heat cramps on muscles and how to deal with them.
- The dangers of Heat Exhaustion including fatigue, hyperventilation, loss of muscle coordination, impaired judgment, and more.
- What to do if you find yourself suffering from heat exhaustion.
- An examination of the most serious illness, Heat Stroke, which occurs when the body can no longer cool itself.
- What to do if you or someone around you appears to be suffering from heat stroke.
- Preparing for Hot Environments
- Staying in good shape to keep your natural cooling systems in good working order.
- Selecting the right gear and clothing for environments based on comfort, color, and weight.
- Working under the sun and special precautions that should be taken.
- What to expect when you are acclimatizing to hot environments, and how to do so gradually.
- Special Engineering Controls that can reduce the effects of heat such as fans, air conditioning, and how to talk with supervisors about their availability.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.