HAZWOPER Understanding HAZWOPER Training - Online
Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations, and can be found on many types of job sites. It is so important that employees know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances, as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly, that OSHA mandates that anyone working with these substances receive comprehensive training in this area.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste "from cradle to grave". Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
Atlantic Training's training products on "Understanding HAZWOPER" are designed to explain the regulations and to help employees begin to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments. Topics covered in these products include:
- History of the HAZWOPER regulations.
- Definitions of hazardous chemicals and waste.
- Container labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- The Site Safety and Health Plan.
- HAZWOPER training requirements.
- The Site Control Program.
- Monitoring of hazardous substances.
- The Medical Surveillance Program.
- Decontamination and more.
Atlantic Training's online training system gives you the best of all worlds.
- One of the largest libraries of full-motion video-based Safety and Regulatory Compliance courses in the industry, with over 115 titles to choose from, many of them in Spanish as well as English.
- Access to as many courses in CandS' library as you like, with no set-up, library or subscription fees.
- Four payment plans to choose from, including monthly "Pay-As-You-Go" and "All You Can Eat" (unlimited access).
- A comprehensive and easy to use online Learning Management System (LMS).
- ... and much more!
To view a demo of our online system, click here
For more information on our online training system, please contact us at 800-975-7640
* Please note that your network access will be emailed to you within 1 business day from time of order.