HAZWOPER: Monitoring Procedures and Equipment Online Training
Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations, and can be found on many types of job sites. OSHA feels that it is so important for employees to know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances (as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly) they have mandated that anyone working with these substances receive comprehensive training in this area.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste "from cradle to grave". Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY's training products on "HAZWOPER: Monitoring Procedures and Equipment" discuss the importance of detecting hazardous materials, as well as the equipment and procedures used in the process. Topics covered in these products include:
- Detecting hazardous materials.
- Direct-reading monitoring instruments.
- Sampling collection devices.
- Hazards that are "Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health" (IDLH).
- Confined spaces.
- General on-site monitoring.
- Perimeter, periodic and personal monitoring.
Atlantic Training's online training system gives you the best of all worlds.
- One of the largest libraries of full-motion video-based Safety and Regulatory Compliance courses in the industry, with over 115 titles to choose from, many of them in Spanish as well as English.
- Access to as many courses in CandS' library as you like, with no set-up, library or subscription fees.
- Four payment plans to choose from, including monthly "Pay-As-You-Go" and "All You Can Eat" (unlimited access).
- A comprehensive and easy to use online Learning Management System (LMS).
- ... and much more!
To view a demo of our online system, click here
For more information on our online training system, please contact us at 800-975-7640
* Please note that your network access will be emailed to you within 1 business day from time of order.