Hazardous Materials Labels Online Training
One important method for identifying hazardous materials is through the use of container labels. From bottles and drums to trucks and railcars, labels and placards provide information about the contents of a container, as well as what to do and who to call in case of an emergency. Because this information is so critical for the safe handling and transporting of these potentially dangerous substances, several organizations have developed labeling and placarding systems to communicate to employees about a container's contents.
Atlantic Training's training products on "Hazardous Materials Labels" are designed to help employees understand the characteristics of different labeling systems and the ways that each convey information. By recognizing the differences and similarities of these systems, employees will be better prepared to work safely around hazardous materials. Topics covered in these products include:
- Types of containers requiring labels and the information required on the label.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) hazardous material classifications.
- DOT label and placard requirements.
- United Nations identification numbers.
- The Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS).
- The National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) labeling system.
- Hazardous waste labeling.
- and more.
Atlantic Training's online training system gives you the best of all worlds.
- One of the largest libraries of full-motion video-based Safety and Regulatory Compliance courses in the industry, with over 115 titles to choose from, many of them in Spanish as well as English.
- Access to as many courses in CandS' library as you like, with no set-up, library or subscription fees.
- Four payment plans to choose from, including monthly "Pay-As-You-Go" and "All You Can Eat" (unlimited access).
- A comprehensive and easy to use online Learning Management System (LMS).
- ... and much more!
To view a demo of our online system, click here
For more information on our online training system, please contact us at 800-975-7640
* Please note that your network access will be emailed to you within 1 business day from time of order.