Hand and Power Tool Safety Online Training Course
Introduction to Hand and Power Tool Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training requirements for the safer use of tools in the workplace. Topics covered include OSHA-approved PPE for tools, selecting the right tool for the right job, using professional grade tools, Inspecting tools and work areas for potential hazards, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Keep tools properly organized and maintained.
- Understand the potential hazards of each tool.
- Use the correct tool for the job.
- Find tools that work best for them.
- Inspect their work areas to make sure they are OSHA compliant and safe.
- Wear the OSHA approved PPE for using different tools.
- A review of how often tools are used at the workplace and how dangerous they can be.
- Information on different types of tools and the injuries they can cause.
- Chronic and serious health conditions that can arise from tools, such as hearing loss, respiratory problems, and back injuries.
- The differences between handling power tools and non-motorized tools.
- Safety Procedures
- Keeping tools in good condition.
- The importance of selecting the correct tool for the job.
- Staying focused and only using tools with a clear mind.
- Inspecting tools each time you use them for issues that could lead to injury.
- Cutting Tools
- Information on injuries that arise from cutting tools, the most prevalent tool accidents.
- Tips and tricks to keep you blades sharp and functioning properly.
- Self-Adjusting guards required for circular saws and how to keep them functioning.
- Using Additional Types of Tools
- How to properly work with electric tools and gasoline powered tools.
- Checking your work area for potential hazards.
- Avoiding distractions to keep yourself and coworkers safe.
- OSHA Approved PPE
- Judging the amount of risk involved with a job and selecting the proper gear, including hard hats, eye goggles, and boots.
- When to use respiratory protection to avoid breathing issues.
- A review of the proper clothing required for impact tools.
- How to select the right tools for a specific job, and knowing when to upgrade them.