Using Fire Extinguishers Online Training Course
Fire Extinguisher Safety is an OSHA compliant online training course that teaches employees how to inspect and safely use portable fire extinguishers. Topics covered include OSHA training requirements, NFPA inspection requirements, fire hazards in the workplace, and more.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Determine when to extinguish a fire and when to evacuate.
- Help prevent fires from starting in the first place.
- Identify fires by their class and which extinguishers are appropriate to use.
- Properly sound an alarm and notify authorities when there’s a fire.
- Design and escape plan that follows OSHA guidelines for the workplace.
- Successfully use the PASS method when extinguishing a fire.
- A review of OSHA regulations, and ordinances that require the placement of fire extinguishers.
- How extinguishers should be properly mounted and displayed.
- Maintenance and Inspections
- Checking extinguishers once a month for issues and what to look for.
- Using professional inspections to test pressure and never testing extinguishers yourself.
- Using an Extinguisher
- The intended use of extinguishers and how to use them effectively.
- A review of how fires start and the chemistry behind burns.
- The substances used to extinguish fires including dry chemicals, carbon dioxide,foam, and water.
- A review of the four different classes of fires and their corresponding extinguishing agents.
- Identifying which class of fire an extinguisher was intended for.
- Identifying hazards that are specific to your workplace and the potential for certain types of fires.
- Types of Extinguishers
- Information on dry chemical extinguishers.
- Carbon Dioxide Extinguishers and their intended uses.
- Foam Fire extinguishers.
- They types of extinguishers used by firefighters.
- Air-pressurized water extinguishers as the former most-used extinguisher.
- Water-mist extinguishers and how they work.
- In the Event of a Fire
- Acting quickly when a fire breaks out.
- Choosing whether to fight a fire or not, and keeping yourself safe.
- Determining if a fire is safe to approach.
- Using a fire extinguisher using the PASS method.
- What to do after the extinguisher has been emptied.
- Getting proper experience with extinguishers before an emergency.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.