Online Fall Protection Training Course & Certification
Introduction to Fall Prevention is an OSHA compliant online training course that will help workers to understand the dangers of falls and OSHA recommendations for avoiding them. Topics covered include fall protection plans, working with ladders, scaffolds, and raised platforms, personal fall arrest systems, and more.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Who is required to take this course?
Per OSHA regulations, all employees that may be exposed to fall hazards should undergo fall prevention training.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Avoid off-the-ground accidents with OSHA-approved precautions.
- More carefully climb and use ladders.
- Use the proper fall protection equipment as recommended by OSHA.
- Follow a Fall Prevention Plan as well as safe work practices along OSHA guidelines.
- Hook-up and carefully test equipment.
- A review of the areas where falls are the most likely: ladders, scaffolds, lift buckets, and other off-the-ground environments.
- The prevalence of falls on the job resulting in injuries and even death.
- The basic things remember when working on a ladder.
- Basic tips for working with portable platforms.
- Working Above Ground Basics
- Vulnerabilities when moving while off-the-ground such as trip hazards.
- Weather restrictions like wind or rain that make working off-the-ground impossible.
- Knowing when you should not work above ground, and being sensitive to coworkers who are afraid of heights.
- Fall Protection
- The goals and benefits of a fall protection plan that follows OSHA guidelines.
- Fall protection through the use of guardrails, safety nets, and Fall Arrest systems.
- The proper specifications for safety rails.
- Differing types of safety nets, their uses and maintenance.
- Using a Personal Fall Arrest System. Usually composed of a Full Body harness, a connecting device, and an anchor point.
- Testing fall prevention equipment to make sure that it works properly.
- The proper way to use a full body harness, while still maintaining a wide range of movement.
- An overview of different harnesses, lifelines, and their applications, including Fixed Lifelines, Horizontal Lifelines, and Vertical Lifelines.