Eye Safety Online Training Course
Introduction to Eye Care and Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training standards for eye safety in the workplace. Topics covered include eye injuries, how the eye works, eye hazards, welding helmets, goggles and other OSHA-approved PPE.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Understand how fragile the eye is and how it works.
- Be more aware of eye hazards on the job following OSHA standards.
- Learn the proper steps that will alleviate eyestrain.
- Be on the lookout for hazards that can affect the eyes, and OSHA approved PPE.
- Treat eye injuries and recognize one that is serious.
- An overview of the different types of eye injuries and their prevalence in the workplace.
- Introducing how the eye works, how fragile it can be, ad the serious problems that stem from issues with the eye.
- The effects of eyestrain and its causes.
- Adjusting your workstation, glasses, and prescription to help fight against eyestrain.
- Work environments and contact lenses as sources of eyestrain and how to improve them.
- Hazards and PPE
- Review of the most common dangers to the eye, including flying particles, splashed chemicals, and intense light.
- Eye glasses, goggles, and face shields as PPE to protect against hazards.
- Welding helmets and their protection against the unique hazards of welding.
- Information on special glasses that protect against radiation from lasers.
- Keeping your PPE clean and organized, and strategies to let your eyes rest.
- How to deal with a small particle trapped in the eye.
- When to consult a doctor for something embedded in the eye.
- What to do if you experience a chemical splash.
- The causes of radiation burns to the eye and their symptoms.