Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Employees Online Training Course
Introduction to Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees and Managers is an online training course that was specifically created to help Employees and your managers to understand OSHA’s regulations for substance abuse in the workplace. Topics covered include an overview of different substances and their effect on the body, a review of drug and alcohol policies.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will learn:
- Employees who are under the influence can be a danger to themselves and others.
- The importance of complying with OSHA approved drug and alcohol policies.
- Signs of substance abuse and how to recognize them.
- How to handle a situation where you believe a coworker is abusing drugs.
- How to best support someone who is recovering from substance abuse problems.
- The devastating effect drugs and alcohol have on lives and workplaces.
- Recognizing the danger of alcohol and drugs, and how it can get out of control.
- Substance abuse what all the term really applies to.
- The effect of different drugs on the central nervous system, including depressants and stimulants.
- The increased risk of accident while under the influence at the workplace.
- Different Substances and Their Effects
- Residual effects of drugs and alcohol.
- The real face of substance abuse.
- Statistics on death and accidents related to drug and alcohol abuse.
- The specific effects of alcohol.
- Marijuana and its effects both long-term and short-term.
- The dangers of overdose when combining drugs.
- Common items that can be used as depressants or made into crystal methamphetamine.
- Over the Counter and prescription medications and addiction.
- Consequences from substance abuse including legal issues, health complications, mental illness, and even death.
- Substance Abuse
- Identifying the driving factors that lead to substance abuse.
- A review of the stages of addiction: building up a tolerance, developing psychological dependence, and physical dependence.
- Prevention as the best way to avoid substance abuse: drinking in moderation,following doctor’s orders, and never using illegal drugs.
- In the Workplace
- The importance of keeping substance abuse out of the workplace.
- Reviewing your company’s OSHA compliant drug and alcohol policy.
- When to bring substance abuse to the attention of management.
- Drug testing in the workplace and the regulations that govern it.
- What happens if you fail a drug test in the workplace.
- Seeking help from “Employee Assistance Programs” and how to help a coworker who may be suffering from substance abuse.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.