Driving Safety Online Training Course
Introduction to Driving Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address driver safety at work and OSHA regulations. Topics covered include causes of accidents, basic emergency gear, dealing with blind spots, defensive driving, and how to handle an accident.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize that driving safely is important at all times.
- Learn to inspect a vehicle and make adjustments for how it handles.
- Know how to handle a vehicle in an emergency and the appropriate responses.
- Obey speed limits, traffic signs, and signals.
- Make allowances for poor road conditions.
- Stay focused, alert, and sober when driving.
- Even if you aren’t a professional driver, staying safe is important at all times.
- Driving accidents remain the number one cause of death on the job.
- The four human factors that cause accidents: distraction, frustration, fatigue, alcohol and drug use.
- Before Driving
- A list of the basic emergency gear that should be in all cars before hitting the road, including a first aid kit, spare tire, and more.
- Basic inspections that should be conducted on every vehicle before driving.
- Adjusting a vehicle to fit your body and reduce blind spots.
- Knowing how a vehicle will handle before you enter traffic.
- While Driving
- The importance of wearing a seatbelt at all times.
- A review of traffic laws, signs, and signals and how they will make driving safer for everyone.
- What “Defensive Driving” includes
- The “four second rule” and how to keep a “safety cushion” around your vehicle at all times.
- “Side Space” and “buffeting” as methods for keeping proper distance between you and other vehicles.
- The dangers of tailgating.
- Visibility and adjusting your driving to weather conditions and the time of day.
- Dealing with the Unexpected
- Learning how to compensate with tire friction, skidding, and wet roads.
- What to do in the event of a tire blow-out.
- The appropriate personnel to contact when an accident occurs and the proper procedures to follow.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.