DOT HAZMAT Federal Regulation Online Training Course
DOT HAZMAT Federal Regulation Training is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training requirements under CFR 172.704. Topics covered include HAZMAT training, MSDSs, and more.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Understand official documentation of hazardous materials.
- Use a Site Safety and Health Plan as well as an Emergency Response Plan.
- Conduct an evaluation of a site to determine what precautions need to be taken.
- Implement and effective use various Systems of Controls according to OSHA guidelines.
- What is a hazardous material as defined by government regulation?
- Recognizing container labels, warning stickers, and hazard placards.
- Regulations passed throughout the years governing hazardous materials and waste.
- Site Safety
- Using a Site Safety and Health Plan that covers Standard Operating Procedures.
- Looking to an Emergency Response Plan for information on lines of authority, methods of communication, and roles of various personnel.
- How to use Site Characterization to determine hazardous conditions, such as visible vapors, potential combustibles, confined spaces, and more.
- System of Controls
- Understanding the controls used to minimize hazards: Engineering Controls,
- Work Practices, Operating Procedures, and PPE.
- Matching PPE to the level of hazards: A, B, C, or D.
- Safe handling of containers and proper labeling procedures.
- Specific precautions to take with containers, such as examinations to see if container is bulging or swelling.
- Practicing Air Monitoring under certain conditions.
- Exposure Monitoring, Decontamination, and Medical surveillance as preventions to overexposure.
- Wearing appropriate clothing to be working with hazardous materials.
- When to seek medical attention and an examination.
- Making accurate reports of medical findings to keep records of exposures.
- Duties of the “First Responder”, “Incident Commander”, and “Hazardous Materials Specialist”.
- Duties of HAZMAT emergency response teams.