Defensive Driving for Light & Medium Duty Vehicles - Online Training
- Aimed at drivers of Class 1-6 light and medium duty vehicles
- The Defensive Driving for Light & Medium Duty Vehicles training course covers:
- Defensive driving preparation
- Hazard perception
- Speed and space management
- The defensive driving attitude
- Other techniques that will help you stay safe on the roadways.
- Time Involvement: 60 minutes
After completing this course, drivers will be able to:
- Recognize and reduce risk before they step into the vehicle by using trip planning and by conducting a pre-trip vehicle inspection.
- Describe how to see and anticipate not only what is happening around them, but what might happen by being aware of their surroundings, perceiving what’s going on around them, and then managing their speed and space accordingly.
- Identify the dangers of distracted driving.
- Indicate how to modify their driving habits to safely drive in hazardous weather conditions.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 17 and higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of Flash. We do NOT support iPad/iPhone/Android-based tablets and devices at this time.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Broadband or company-provided Internet connection
J. J. Keller's Training On Demand
Our Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Training Points so you can get as much or as little training as you need. The Training Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller's Training On Demand.
All our Interactive Online courses are accessed through Training On Demand, which features:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of training titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- Lower cost per student the more Training Points you purchase
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Training Points