Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments Online Training
Supervisors need to respect a worker's private life. But what if a worker had too much to drink one night? Or another worker smoked some dope over a weekend? How about the employee who has been taking medications that could impair their ability to work safely? When substance abusers arrive at work, they don't leave their problems at the door. What these employees are doing both on and off -duty could cause them to have a serious accident. Managers and supervisors need to know how substance abuse can affect a workplace, how to recognize signs of abuse and what they can do to handle abuse situations.
The second in a two-part series on dealing with drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace, Atlantic Training's training products on "Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments" discuss the various forms of substance abuse that are typically found in the workplace, how managers and supervisors can detect substance abuse problems, and what they should and shouldn't do if they discover a worker with a substance abuse problem. Topics covered in the products include:
- How substance abuse can affect a workplace.
- Related laws and regulations.
- Creating an alcohol and drug-free workplace.
- The roles of education and testing.
- Recognizing on-the-job substance abuse.
- How to handle substance abuse situations.
Atlantic Training's online training system gives you the best of all worlds.
- One of the largest libraries of full-motion video-based Safety and Regulatory Compliance courses in the industry, with over 115 titles to choose from, many of them in Spanish as well as English.
- Access to as many courses in CandS' library as you like, with no set-up, library or subscription fees.
- Four payment plans to choose from, including monthly "Pay-As-You-Go" and "All You Can Eat" (unlimited access).
- A comprehensive and easy to use online Learning Management System (LMS).
- ... and much more!
To view a demo of our online system, click here
For more information on our online training system, please contact us at 800-975-7640
* Please note that your network access will be emailed to you within 1 business day from time of order.