Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees in Construction Environments Online Training
Substance abuse is a huge, worldwide problem. In the United States alone there are over 50 million binge drinkers, 17 million illegal drug users and almost 15 million people who abuse prescription drugs. Most substance abusers have jobs. In fact, it is estimated that one out of every ten workers has a substance abuse problem. An employee with an alcohol or drug problem can decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment and damage a company's good name. Worst of all, the actions of a worker who is "under the influence" can completely undermine a company's efforts to keep people safe. So employees need to know what they can do to help keep their job sites drug and alcohol-free.
The first in a two-part series on dealing with drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace, Atlantic Training's training products on "Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuseâ€¦ for Employees in Construction Environments" discuss the various types of substance abuse that are found in the workplace, how they can affect an employee's work situation and what employees themselves can do to help keep their workplace drug and alcohol free. Topics covered in these products include:
- What substances are commonly abused.
- Alcohol and other depressants.
- Stimulants, narcotics and hallucinogens
- How people get "hooked".
- Drug dependency.
- Who can become a substance abuser.
- Drug and alcohol policies.
- Helping employees overcome substance abuse
Atlantic Training's online training system gives you the best of all worlds.
- One of the largest libraries of full-motion video-based Safety and Regulatory Compliance courses in the industry, with over 115 titles to choose from, many of them in Spanish as well as English.
- Access to as many courses in CandS' library as you like, with no set-up, library or subscription fees.
- Four payment plans to choose from, including monthly "Pay-As-You-Go" and "All You Can Eat" (unlimited access).
- A comprehensive and easy to use online Learning Management System (LMS).
- ... and much more!
To view a demo of our online system, click here
For more information on our online training system, please contact us at 800-975-7640
* Please note that your network access will be emailed to you within 1 business day from time of order.