Crane Safety Online Training Course
Introduction to Working with Cranes Safely is an online training course that will help employees who work with cranes to understand OSHA guidelines for safe operation of these machines. Topics covered include weight capacity, OSHA approved gear and equipment, accident prevention, using load charts, familiarity with different cranes including boom cranes, tower cranes, and truck cranes.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Appreciate what powerful and dangerous Cranes can be.
- Comprehend OSHA regulations and their affect on coworkers.
- Wear the proper OSHA approved equipment.
- Identify the various types of cranes being used and inspect them properly.
- Know the weight restrictions on various cranes.
- Rig, lift, and correctly load a crane for operation in line with OSHA standards.
- A general overview of Cranes including weight capacity, hoist ropes, and rope and pulley cranes.
- The issues caused by accidents including injury and equipment problems.
- Introduction to OSHA crane safety regulations to avoid injury and equipment damage.
- The areas covered by OSHA regulations including ground conditions,inspections, assembly, disassembly, and more.
- Identifying overseers who would be considered competent and qualified by OSHA standards.
- Updates to regulations ne rules concerning assembly.
- Certifications that OSHA recognized for Signal persons.
- Preventing Accidents
- Identifying the major causes of accidents: poor judgments, lack of attention,and overconfidence.
- Creating a mental checklist to make sure that you are prepared for crane operation.
- An overview of how to be mentally prepared for crane operation, including state of mind, medications, and current emotional state.
- Making sure that you have OSHA approved protective gear.
- Inspecting the area around the crane for hazards.
- Checking the crane itself for potential mechanical issues, including “limit switches”.
- Cranes and Lifts
- An overview of Boom Cranes, their correct assembly, and proper usage with loads.
- How to properly hand signal to communicate during a lift.
- Using taglines to control and position a load.
- How to properly land the load without creating an accident.