Conflict Resolution in Industrial Facilities Online Training Course
Introduction to Resolving Conflicts in Industrial Facilities is an online training course that will help employees to follow OSHA guidelines for successful conflict resolution in the workplace. Topics covered include Procedural Conflicts, issues with certain strategies for resolution, compromise as the best resolution and how to achieve it, defusing confrontations properly, and the sources of conflict.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize common sources of conflict in the workplace.
- Create compromises to resolve tense situations.
- Collaborate better with co-workers to create safe, OSHA approved environments.
- Avoid escalation and stop serious problems from occurring.
- See the positive side of conflict, including innovation and change.
- “Conflict” and the disagreements, arguments, and fighting it encompasses.
- An overview of how conflict affects work environments negatively and the positive outcomes it brings if handled properly.
- Sources of Conflict
- A study of how conflict arises out of differences differing expectations and perceptions.
- Goals, values, habits, and beliefs as areas of conflict.
- Old conflicts resulting in grudges and new disagreements.
- The ways that misunderstandings cause issues among co-workers.
- Working through “Procedural Conflicts” where all parties want the same end goal.
- Solutions for Conflict
- Collaboration as the best way to achieve different goals and resolve differences.
- Conflict as a source of innovation and positive change.
- Competition as an ineffective strategy for resolving conflict, its advantages and disadvantages.
- Letting another person get their way and its drawbacks.
- Avoidance of conflict and how it will not lead to resolution.
- How compromise leads to true resolution and how to achieve it properly.
- Collaboration as the best way to satisfy everyone’s concerns.
- A review of confrontation and how to “defuse” these situations.
- The proper strategies for dealing with confrontation verbally.
- The long-term consequences of letting confrontation escalate.
- Confrontations throughout people’s lives and why they shouldn’t go unchecked.