Compressed Gas Cylinders Online Training Course
Introduction to Handling Compress Gas Cylinders is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training requirements for employees who handle compressed gas cylinders. Topics covered include the hazards of many common gases and the proper methods for storing them, safeguards against issues with a cylinder like CGA Fittings and Regulators, OSHA approved equipment and procedures.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Identify different types of gases, the different methods for storing them, and their associated hazards.
- Use the necessary caution during transport and storage of gas cylinders.
- Properly read and understand identifying labels.
- Know how to correctly hook up a cylinder and check it for leaks.
- Follow OSHA standards regarding equipment and procedure in the event of a leak or problem.
- An overview of gas cylinders uses as equipment for labs, welding, and more.
- The potential dangers of keeping these gases under pressure.
- Different forms of compression including standard, liquid, solvent, and “Cryogenic Liquid”.
- A review of common gases and their dangers including fire, burns, and poising.
- The proper methods for storing gasesunder pressure, including OSHA regulations.
- Proper Handling
- OSHA compliant regulations for handling compressed cylinders, transporting them, storing them, and the procedure for correctly hooking them up.
- Overview of the issues that arise with cylinders and the devices built to prevent them.
- The importance of regulators and their accompanying “CGA Fittings”.
- Information on additional safeguards and their uses like “Flame Arrestors” and “Pressure Relief Devices”.
- The proper response if you suspect a cylinder has a leak.
- The OSHA approved gear if you must enter an area with a suspected leak.