Back Safety Online Training Course
Introduction to Back Safety is an online training course that was specifically created to address OSHA’s training requirements to keep employees backs from harm. Topics include proper posture, OSHA approved methods for lifting, avoiding back strain, chronic issues, exercises and stretches for the lower back.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the spine
- Maintain their back in tiptop condition throughout a variety of work conditions
- Learn proper posture when sitting, standing, and even sleeping
- Adapt a work environment to be optimal for their back
- Know the OSHA approved methods for lifting heavy objects
- Pay special attention to pain and chronic issues
- The importance of exercises and stretches supervised by a doctor
- There are many ways people can hurt their backs, but injuries are preventable
- The make-up of the spine and the function of vertebrae
- The parts of the spine most susceptible to injury: the lumbar and cervical regions
- Identifying “chronic” back pain
- Common causes of back pain
- Ruptured or herniated disks, often called “slipped” disks
- Information on spinal stenosis and Osteoporosis
- Varying types of arthritis its effects
- The “aging process” and how to slow it down for your back
- Proper Posture
- How sitting and standing can do as much harm as heavy lifting
- “Neutral” positions that place the least amount of stress on vertebrae
- Adjusting your chair and workspace to fit you and your back.
- Proper positions while standing and the movements that most affect your back
- Proper Lifting
- Stretching techniques to avoid injury
- Using the best tools and correctly evaluating an object’s weight
- The best way to pick up heavy objects
- Ratios that will help you understand your capabilities
- What to always avoid while lifting such as twisting
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.