Aerial Lifts in Industrial and Construction Environments Online Training Course
Aerial Lifts in Industrial and Construction Environments is an online training course for workers who use mobile platforms to perform their duties and the safety requirements for this equipment as outlined by OSHA. Topics covered include types of aerial lifts, hazards associated with these devices, the OSHA-approved PPE, and tips for staying safe on the job.
- This course is 100% OSHA compliant.
- Printable certificate and wallet card are issued instantly upon course completion.
- This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
After successful completion of this OSHA compliant course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the different types of aerial lifts and how they function.
- Recognize hazards associated with this equipment.
- Conduct inspections to make sure that the equipment is in good working order and in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Work on or near a lift and avoid potential accidents.
- The importance of aerial lifts in construction and common accidents that occur while using them.
- OSHA regulations developed specifically for aerial lifts.
- Differences between mobile platforms and aerial lifts.
- Aerial Lifts
- Training required by OSHA for assembly/disassembly, placement, material handling, and fall prevention.
- Lift Experts that are required on-site when these machines are in use.
- Placement of a lift for maximum safety and utility.
- The necessary Prep Work required for ensuring that a lift will be in proper working order.
- Information on scissor lifts and their particular hazards.
- When to use a boom lift versus a forklift mounted personnel basket.
- The specific steps to remember each time you work with a lift.
- Working with Lifts
- Proper positioning of different platforms.
- How to inspect machinery for damage.
- Hazards which are common when working with platforms, such as power lines.
- Safe access of lifts when they are in their final position.
- OSHA requirements for individuals using a lift.
- Inspecting ramps, walkways, and platforms.
- Recognizing the danger of fall hazards when off the ground and how to avoid them.
- Using Personal Fall Arrest systems.
Can I purchase this course for multiple employees?
Absolutely, simply type in the number of users on the right hand side of this page before clicking the 'Add to Cart' button. We do offer volume discounts as well.How much time is given to complete the course?
There is no time limit. Students can also leave the course and re-enter it at their convenience, all course progress is tracked on our secure servers.Can I take the course on my tablet or phone?
Yes! Our online training platform is compatible with IOS and Android phones and tablets.When does the course certificate and wallet card expire?
One year from the date of course completion.